- Travel Info
Name of Liveaboard: Pearl of Papua
Destination: Cendrawasih Bay
Duration: 6 days 5 nights
Embarkation and Disembarkation:Manokwari
Promotion Price: USD1,199
Trip Date: 7th August 2015 - 12th August 2015
- Standard Room
- All meals and snack
- Mineral water, tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Professional dive guide
- Tanks, weight and weight belts
- Port Clearence
- Airport/hotel pick up and drop off
- Internation & domestic airfare tickets
- Dive equipment rental
- Onboard telecommunication
- Alcoholic beverages
- Hotel stay before/after
- Marine park fee
- Fuel surcharge (If any)
- Marine park fees (USD100)
- Fuel Surcharge (USD 100)
- No refund, cancellation or amendments allowed upon confirmation of booking.
- In the event of no show, booking will be forfeited
Pearl of Papua
Pearl of Papua is one of Indonesia's newest, most practical and great-value Liveaboard vessels. Built in 2010 with safety, practicality and comfort in mind, the Pearl of Papua aims to be your sanctuary at sea with its cozy cabins and en-suite bathrooms, on board pampering, delicious and hearty meals, and overall hassle-free adventure for up to 14 guests.
The 30 meters Pearl of Papua consists three decks and crafted by the highly respected and renowned boat builders of Tanah Beru in South Sulawesi, our beautiful wooden Phinisi schooner is fitted with the latest marine technology and equipments that are ensured to meet with international safety standards. Specifically designed for liveaboard diving cruises, the Pearl of Papua provides a huge dedicated dive-deck with gear-up stations assigned for each diver throughout the cruise.
The Pearl of Papua offers liveaboard charters with departures all year round to the pristine RAJA AMPAT.
Cendrawasih Bay - 8 days 7 nights
Day One: Manokwari
- Airport transfer upon arrival
- When all guests are on board the Cruise Director will give you a presentation about the Pearl of Papua and diving recommendations.
- After Lunch you will have your check dive at Pulau Mansinam
- After the dive we will depart to Pulau Roon and dinner will be served on route.
Day Two: Pulau Roon
Tanjung Ayami is a sloping reef with huge slabs of rock and Pulau Auri is a cluster of small islands with a similar topography but Groovy Passage is a sloping reef but has no slabs of rock.
Dive 1. Tanjung Ayami (Huge blocks of rock & hard / soft corals)
Dive 2. Pulau Auri (Huge blocks of rock & hard / soft corals)
Dive 3. Groovy Passage (Fan corals, soft corals, sponges, turtles, Cenderawasih endemic Caitlin’s dottyback / Pictichromis caitlinae)
Dive 4. Groovy Passage ‘MACRO’
Day Three: Mangguar
Tanjung Mangguar is a cape on the main island of Papua. There are several small islands formed from volcanic rock making interesting dives, with slopes, walls, small caves, cut backs and overhangs.
Dive 1. Tanjung Mangguar (soft corals, whip corals, fusiliers, snappers, reef sharks, rays)
Dive 2. Rock’n’Roll (soft corals, whip corals, fusiliers, snappers, reef sharks, rays)
Dive 3. Kwatisore (whale sharks)
Dive 4. Lemon Slope (Cenderawasih endemic Epaulette Shark / Hemicyllium galei)
Day Four: Kwatisore
High light of diving in Cenderawasih.
Dive 1. Bagan (whale sharks)
Dive 2. Bagan (whale sharks)
Dive 3. Lemon Slope (Cenderawasih endemic Epaulette Shark / Hemicyllium galei)
Day Five: Tridacna Atoll
Small caves, cut backs, overhangs, this area is where we can find some of the best hard corals in the Cenderawasih Bay National Park.
Dive 1. Tridacna Wall (hard corals, sponges, fan corals, endemic fusiliers)
Dive 2. Spag Point (hard corals, barrel sponges, vase corals, jacks, barracuda, surgeon fish)
Dive 3. Boomerang Atoll (hard corals)
Dive 4. Boomerang Atoll
Day Six: Pulau Purup
A group of small islands / islets close to mainland Papua.
Dive 1. PP1 (hard corals, fusiliers, snappers, Cenderawasih endemic Damsel Fish /
Dive 2. PP2 (hard corals fusiliers, snappers, red tooth trigger fish, reef sharks)
Dive 3. PP3 (elephant ear sponges, fan corals, whip corals, fusiliers, Cenderawasih endemic flasher wrasse / Paracheilinus walton)
Day Seven: Sungai Omi
Black quartz sand beach mixed with small stones and here there is a small river that enters the sea creating different bottom marine life.
Dive 1. Tanjung Mupi (Cenderawasih endemic mantis shrimps / Odontodactylus)
Dive 2. Sungai Omi (nudibranchs, estuarine sea horse)
Day Eight: Manokwari
After breakfast the Cruise Director will escort the guests to either the airport / hotel and will assist with checking in. Sorry to say that your Pearl of Papua trip has come to an end and we look forward to welcoming you on board again.
* Cruising itineraries and daily programs are subject to change due to weather / sea conditions and dive site / anchorage availability. Every effort will be made to complete the program as planned and the Cruise Director will update the guests at meal times
Getting to Manokwari from Jakarta
- Jakarta – Soekarno Hatta (CGK) 9.45 PM – Makassar (UPG) 01.00 AM
- Makassar (UPG) 03.00 AM – Manokwari (MKW) 06.50 AM
- Manokwari (MKW) 07.05 AM – Makassar (UPG) 08.35 AM
- Makassar (UPG) 1.30 PM – Jakarta (CGK) 2.35 PM
- Jakarta (CGK) 01.50 AM – Makassar (UPG) 05.20 AM
- Makassar (UPG) 09.10 AM – Manokwari (MKW) 1.55 PM
- Manokwari (MKW) 08.40 AM – Jayapura (DJJ) 10.05 AM
- Jayapura (DJJ) 11.40 AM – Jakarta (CGK) 2.40 PM
Total Reviews (1)
Dive Holidays Review
Dive Holidays Review
29 April 2015
Dive Holidays Review
Value for money
Food and beverage